The American Mathematical Society, with support from a private gift, is now accepting applications for travel grants to provide partial support to graduate students in order to attend one of the Fall 2012 AMS Sectional Meetings. All full time graduate students in the mathematical sciences will be eligible. Applications will be accepted until July 19, 2012. The AMS Sectional Meetings Travel Grants Committee will consider all applications for the Fall 2012 Sectional Meetings as a group. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by early August, 2012.
See the web page for details and instructions: http://www.ams.org/student-travel
The upcoming Fall 2012 Sectional Meetings are:
- September 22-23, 2012, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- October 13-14, 2012, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- October 20-21, 2012, University of Akron, Akron, OH
- October 27-28, 2012, University of Arizona, Tucson, Tucson, AZ
Some details of the program:
- The current institution of the applicant MUST be more than 50 miles from the site of the meeting per Google Maps or MapQuest.
- A representative of the university must submit an Institutional Authorization verifying that the applicant is a full time graduate student in the mathematical sciences. Each awardee’s university is strongly encouraged, but not required, to provide matching support.
- Support level for travel to a Sectional Meeting is $250. In no case will support exceed this amount.
- Support is only available following the meeting; proof of attendance will be required.
- Each application cycle is a selective process; an applicant may or may not receive an award.
Thanks to Dr. Maycock (Associate Executive Director of the AMS) for sharing this information with me!