The e-Mentoring Network in the Mathematical Sciences issued a publication approximately three times a year before it became this blog. The publications contain advice for undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and junior investigators.
Issue 05: December 2012 PDF
- I got accepted to a PhD program! How do I choose where to go?
- Congrats – you are ABD! Now what?
- Mentoring a postdoc can expect
- Thoughts about promotion to Full professor
Issue 04: September 2012 PDF
- Leveraging my REU work during the academic year
- Making the best out of my first year in grad school
- What should my CV look like at the end of my postdoc?
- Is the third year review useful?
Issue 03: May 2012 PDF
- Things to keep in mind as you prepare to participate in an REU
- Graduate students can increase their support network
- What is MathOverflow and why should I care?
- How to measure a successful postdoc position
Issue 02: January 2012 PDF
- Why apply to summer research programs for Undergraduates?
- The benefits of a professional society for Grad students
- If I could do over my Postdoc, this is what I would do differently
- Junior faculty: balancing all responsibilities
Issue 01: October 2011 PDF
- Should I apply to graduate school? What is a good strategy?
- Planning a successful second year in graduate school
- This is my last postdoctoral year! Job seeking strategies
- Five things to do before your tenure review