The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Why care about the American Association for the Advancement of Science as an early-career mathematician? March 19, 2019
- Mathematical Sciences and the NSF Big Ideas March 7, 2019
- Which Members of Congress have a say over the NSF? February 16, 2019
- Call To Action: The Shutdown Hurt Science; Ask Congress To Avoid Another February 1, 2019
- NSF’s “We are Mathematics” Video Competition deadline extended January 30, 2019
Monthly Archives: December 2017
As you are surely aware, there are several professional associations with opportunities (benefits and volunteer) for mathematical researchers, educators, and students. Many members of the AMS are also members of one or more of our sister societies. Do these associations … Continue reading
I’ve added the Senate conferees to the post, in case you want to reach them also!
The next step for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is that it will “go to conference” where the differences between the House and Senate versions will be reconciled. The result will then go to the President for his signature … Continue reading
I know you’ve been wondering. Federal investment in science supports the research of professors and graduate students at American universities, and funds our national laboratories. About half of U.S. basic research is conducted at universities and is funded by the … Continue reading