Karen Saxe is Director of the AMS Office of Government Relations which works to connect the mathematics community with Washington decision-makers who affect mathematics research and education. Over many years she has contributed much time to the AMS, MAA, and AWM, including service as vice president of the MAA and in policy and advocacy work with all three. She was the 2013-2014 AMS Congressional Fellow, working for Senator Al Franken on education issues, with focus on higher education and STEM education. In Minnesota she has served on the Citizens Redistricting Commission following the 2010 census and serves on the Common Cause Minnesota Redistricting Leadership Circle. She has three children and, when not at work especially enjoys being with them and reading, hiking and sharing good food and wine and beer with family and friends.
The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- President Biden’s first budget shows big changes for science and math June 16, 2021
- Major changes coming to the National Science Foundation(?) May 3, 2021
- Science Policy at the AMS April 20, 2021
- Washington Update on the first months of the Biden presidency and new Congress March 23, 2021
- Update on the Census, Reapportionment, and Redistricting February 25, 2021