The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Census 2020 November 6, 2019
- Meet the AMS Committee on Education October 17, 2019
- What you missed over the summer: balancing openness in science with threats to security by foreign researchers September 23, 2019
- Gerrymandering and math in the era of state reform September 4, 2019
- Some fun and interesting summer reading: A brief history of the National Science Foundation August 14, 2019
Monthly Archives: May 2019
President Trump issues his FY 2020 budget, what does it look like for the mathematical sciences, and what happens next?
On March 11 President Trump released his proposal, titled “A Budget for a Better America,” outlining how the government should make investments for the FY2020. As in his first two, his third annual budget includes massive cuts for science. … Continue reading