The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Gerrymandering and math in the era of state reform September 4, 2019
- Some fun and interesting summer reading: A brief history of the National Science Foundation August 14, 2019
- Addressing Threats and Vulnerabilities in Critical Interconnected Systems: Common Principles in Disease Outbreaks, Internet Malware, and Bank Failures July 16, 2019
- AMS Primer on Open Access June 25, 2019
- What is Congress up to, vis-à-vis the NSF? Money and Demography June 4, 2019
Monthly Archives: May 2019
President Trump issues his FY 2020 budget, what does it look like for the mathematical sciences, and what happens next?
On March 11 President Trump released his proposal, titled “A Budget for a Better America,” outlining how the government should make investments for the FY2020. As in his first two, his third annual budget includes massive cuts for science. … Continue reading