The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Mathematicians hit the Hill July 7, 2021
- President Biden’s first budget shows big changes for science and math June 16, 2021
- Major changes coming to the National Science Foundation(?) May 3, 2021
- Science Policy at the AMS April 20, 2021
- Washington Update on the first months of the Biden presidency and new Congress March 23, 2021
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Why care about the American Association for the Advancement of Science as an early-career mathematician?
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Luis Sordo Vieira is a PhD mathematician and Postdoctoral Associate at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, a SIAM Science Policy Fellow, and a member of AMS, SIAM, SMB, AACR, and AAAS. I had the pleasure of … Continue reading
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Juan Meza is the Division Director of the NSF’s Division of Mathematical Sciences. Immediately before joining the NSF, he served as Dean of the School of Natural Sciences at the University of California, Merced. In 2016, the National … Continue reading