The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- AMS Education and Science Policy Activities at the Joint Mathematics Meetings January 7, 2020
- AMS President Jill Pipher to Congress: “No Longer Secure: Cryptography in the Quantum Era” December 10, 2019
- After a slow start, the Trump White House is ramping up its science policy activities November 21, 2019
- Census 2020 November 6, 2019
- Meet the AMS Committee on Education October 17, 2019
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Why care about the American Association for the Advancement of Science as an early-career mathematician?
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Luis Sordo Vieira is a PhD mathematician and Postdoctoral Associate at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, a SIAM Science Policy Fellow, and a member of AMS, SIAM, SMB, AACR, and AAAS. I had the pleasure of … Continue reading
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Juan Meza is the Division Director of the NSF’s Division of Mathematical Sciences. Immediately before joining the NSF, he served as Dean of the School of Natural Sciences at the University of California, Merced. In 2016, the National … Continue reading