The opinions expressed on this blog are the views of the writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the American Mathematical Society.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- NSF and other funding of research grants and student loans during the COVID-19 pandemic March 24, 2020
- Colleges and universities across the country go to online teaching: tips for math instructors March 16, 2020
- President Trump’s proposed NSF budget for 2021: what’s in it for the mathematical sciences? March 6, 2020
- NSF released Science & Engineering Indicators February 19, 2020
- Hidden Figures Honored in Congress January 30, 2020
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Why care about the American Association for the Advancement of Science as an early-career mathematician?
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Luis Sordo Vieira is a PhD mathematician and Postdoctoral Associate at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, a SIAM Science Policy Fellow, and a member of AMS, SIAM, SMB, AACR, and AAAS. I had the pleasure of … Continue reading
Editor’s note: Guest columnist Juan Meza is the Division Director of the NSF’s Division of Mathematical Sciences. Immediately before joining the NSF, he served as Dean of the School of Natural Sciences at the University of California, Merced. In 2016, the National … Continue reading