The AMS is announcing the winners of some of the major prizes that they will award at the upcoming Joint Mathematical Meetings in Atlanta (January 4-7, 2017). The Joint Prize Session, where prizes from the various participating societies will be presented, takes place on Thursday, January 5 4:25 p.m.-5:25 p.m. in the Atrium Ballroom of the Marriott Marquis.
Here is a list of the prizewinners that have been announced so far, with links to their Author Profiles on MathSciNet and to the news announcements of the prizes. (A list of all AMS Prizes and Awards is available here.) From the Author Profiles, you can explore the award-winning work of these mathematicians.
- James G. Arthur to receive 2017 AMS Steele Prize for Lifetime Achievement
- Leon Simon to receive 2017 AMS Steele Prize for Seminal Contribution to Research
- Dusa McDuff and Dietmar Salamon to receive 2017 AMS Steele Prize for Exposition
- András Vasy to receive 2017 AMS Bôcher Prize
- Henri Darmon to receive 2017 AMS Cole Prize in Number Theory
- Laura DeMarco to receive 2017 AMS Satter Prize
- László Erdős and Horng-Tzer Yau to receive 2017 AMS Eisenbud Prize
- John Friedlander and Henryk Iwaniec to receive 2017 AMS Doob Prize
- David Bailey, Jonathan Borwein, Andrew Mattingly, and Glenn Wightwick to receive 2017 AMS Conant Prize
- David H. Yang to Receive 2017 AMS-MAA-SIAM Morgan Prize.